Valentine’s Day is one of our favorite holidays, because duh, pink and red! Last year we threw a kid’s party and a fete fit for our Galentines, but this year we wanted to arm you with a simple set of DIY’s to make your Valentine’s Day as cute as can be. These crafts are easy to whip up with kids of all ages, and will make for a fun and festive afternoon. Have your little ones take these adorable Valentine’s into their classes at school or decorate your home with them for a sweet touch. Either way, you’re guaranteed to spread a little love. Keep scrolling to see how to turn your afternoon into a Valentine’s Day themed crafting party…
DIY Heart Balloon Wand
- 6″ heart balloons, pinks and red
- Valentine’s Day-themed ribbon, ranging in size from 1/8″- 3/8″
- Washi tape
- White balloon straws with cups
- Handheld balloon pump
- Using your handheld balloon pump, blow up the desired number of heart balloons, tie off and set aside.
- Cut ribbon into strips about 24 inches long.
- Attach the plastic balloon cup to the balloon straw.
- Tie ribbon around the base of the cup, centering the straw in the middle of the ribbon.
- Finish with washi tape to secure.
- Pull the end of the balloon through the cup.
- Wave it around and cast love spells!
Party-Themed Printable Valentines
- This free digital download from artist Alyx House
- Matte white cardstock
- Valentine’s Day themed balloon
- Washi tape
- Small plastic jewelry bags
- Download the template, print at 5×7 ratio onto matte white cardstock.
- Cut Valentines out to proper size.
- For the balloon Valentine, center the balloon and use washi tape to secure.
- For the confetti Valentine, using scissors or a Cricut cutting machine, carefully cut a heart shape (or circle).
- Place confetti into small jewelry bag
- Using washi tape, attached the jewelry bag filled with confetti to the backside of the Valentine.
- Send it to someone you love!
Here’s to a crafty, cozy, and seriously cute Valentine’s Day with your little ones!
Photos: Harper & Grace Photography
Styling: @butfirstparty and @bonjourfete
Valentine artwork: Alyx House
Balloon mosaic: The Creative Heart Studio
Cookies: Star Garcia
Meringues: Josephine Los Angeles
Affiliate links may have been used in this post.