The answer is yes, you can make an ordinary lipstick matte (yay!). All you need is your favorite shade of non-matte lipstick and a few beauty products that you may already have in your makeup drawer. Keep scrolling to find out how you can transform your lipstick into this season’s hottest beauty trend…
Here’s what you’ll need:
- translucent powder
- makeup brush
- your favorite non-matte lipstick
- corresponding lip liner (optional)
Here’s how to do it:
1. Line your lips with your lip liner pencil. This step will help ensure that your finished look will last through wear and tear throughout the day.
2. Apply your non-matte lipstick on top of your lip liner. If you’re a perfectionist like me, I’ll sometimes line my lips again after I apply lipstick so that my lines are as sharp as possible.
3. Take your tissue and separate the layers so that you have one fine sheet.
4. Lay the single tissue sheet over your lips and, taking your makeup brush, dust your translucent powder over your lips. By placing the tissue between your lips and the makeup brush you are essentially filtering the amount of powder applied to your lips. It’s best to start small and build up so that you can reach your desired texture without over doing it.
5. Remove the tissue and dust the translucent powder directly onto your lips one final time.
Viola! You have now created a rich, velvety matte texture without breaking the bank on new beauty products. I love a good DIY makeup hack, don’t you?
Will you be trying this matte lipstick beauty hack?
I’d love to hear about it in the comments if you do!