If you’ve ever cracked your favorite eyeshadow, instead of going out and replacing it, try this trusty trick instead…
Here’s what you will need:
- rubbing alcohol
- empty spray bottle
- coin the size of your eyeshadow
- tissue or piece of fabric
- First, if your eyeshadow cracked into larger pieces, use a pencil or pen to smash it up into tiny pieces, so it becomes a powder. This will eventually make it easier to put back together.
- Fill your empty spray bottle with the rubbing alcohol, then spray your eyeshadow with the alcohol. If you’re repairing a shadow that is part of a palette, make sure to cover the rest of your colors so that they don’t get sprayed. You want the powder to be soaked with rubbing alcohol, so go give it a good dose.
- Take a coin that is the right size for your eyeshadow and wrap a tissue around it.
- Press the tissue-wrapped coin into the eyeshadow as hard as you can to pack the powder back together. Do this for about 30 seconds.
- Gently lift up the coin and let it dry. Clean around the edges to remove any excess shadow.
And…voila! Your eyeshadow should be good as new. This can work for a blush or bronzer too, as long as you use something in place of the coin that is the right size for your makeup.
Will you give this trick a try?
Leave your own beauty tips and tricks in the comments below so other LaurenConrad.com members can learn them too.