While waffles make one of the best breakfasts, they might be even better in cookie form. Today I’m sharing a unique waffle cookie recipe straight from my friend Lauren Lowstan’s kitchen. Trust me when I say that you’ll want to bake a batch or two for your Mother’s Day menu. Plus, they’re so easy to whip up that you’ll be keeping this recipe on hand for days to come. Keep scrolling to try your hand at these chocolate dipped waffle cookies… just add sprinkles!
For the waffle cookies:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
For the toppings:
- 3oz white melting chocolate
- 3oz dark melting chocolate
- rainbow non Pareils
- rainbow sprinkles
- cinnamon for dusting
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 strawberries
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Preheat your waffle iron to the medium-high temperature.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix for another minute.
- With the mixer on low, add in your flour, salt and cinnamon. Mix just until everything is combined, about 15-30 seconds. Your dough is going to be sticky, so don’t be alarmed! Do not add in the chocolate chips just yet.
- Make sure to spray your waffle iron with nonstick spray before each time you add more dough.
- Add a tablespoon full of dough onto each section of your waffle iron. Close your waffle iron and cook for 2 minutes until they are nice and golden brown. Your cookies will seem soft, but they will harden up once they are cool. Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to cool.
- Cook the remainder of your cookies until you have about 1/3 of the dough left. Add in the chocolate chips and cook your cookies until there is no more dough.
For the white chocolate cinnamon waffle cookies:
- Melt the white melting chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after every time. Dip your waffle halfway into the bowl and shake lightly so that the excess chocolate drips off. Place onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and sprinkle with small amounts of cinnamon.
For the sprinkled dark chocolate waffle cookies:
- Melt the dark melting chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after every time. Dip your waffle halfway into the bowl and shake lightly so that the excess chocolate drips off. Place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and sprinkle with multi-colored non Pareils, or sprinkles of your choice!
For the strawberry waffle cookies:
- In a blender, add in the strawberries, powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons of water. Blend until your glaze is nice and smooth. Add in an extra tablespoon of water if your glaze seems too thick.
- Pour the glaze into a small bowl. Place all cookies onto a wire rack with a baking sheet underneath.
- Dip each cookie completely into the glaze and set right side up onto the wire rack. Let them sit to completely harden. Enjoy!
Will you be trying your hand at these waffle cookies?
You won’t regret it! Let me know if you are planning on making them in the comments!