Our latest DIY is another fun and easy craft that we whipped up for our LaurenConrad.com redesign luncheon. In addition to our bright piñata letter signage, we decided to continue our colorful theme with these hand-painted pots. We love the look of traditional terra cotta, but we kicked these pots up a notch by painting them and filling them with mini succulents and cactus. We gave our painted pots away as party favors for all of our guests, but they would work well for just about any kind of party. And they made for cute table décor, too!
If you’re searching for a fun craft that takes minimal effort, look no further. Keep scrolling to see how you can create your own mini painted pots…
Here’s what you will need:
- mini terra cotta pots
- mini succulents or cactus (we found ours at Home Depot)
- acrylic paint
- assorted paint brushes
- small gold rocks (or small rocks you can spray paint gold)
Here’s how to make them:
1. Choose your favorite color and get to painting your pots. Terra cotta is super absorbent, so each pot may need a couple of layers of paint.
2. Let your first layers of paint dry thoroughly before adding your design. That way they won’t smudge or bleed.
3. Let your finished product air dry completely before you pot your plants. Place the succulents directly into your painted pots.
4. Add a layer of gold rocks to the top of the soil for a polished and finished product!
These little pots were easy to whip up and made each table setting pop, not to mention they look adorable sitting in our windowsills now that the LaurenConrad.com luncheon has passed.
Will you be recreating these cute mini painted pots?
Be sure to snap a photo and post it in the comments if you do!
XO Team LC