To us, the holidays are synonymous with baking up a storm. With Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas on the horizon, it’s only natural for you to be thinking about the next party you’re going to host or attend and treats you’re going to serve by the fire on Christmas Eve. While we love a traditional cookie plate, why not treat your friends and family to something a little unconventional? We’ve got just the treat!
This week we whipped up a batch of these white and milk chocolate coffee stirring spoons. If you’re a fan of flavored coffee or hot chocolate when the weather cools down, you’re going to love how these spoons infuse your drink with a hint of chocolate and peppermint. Keep scrolling to see how you can recreate them…
Chocolate Coffee Stirring Spoons
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Plastic or metal spoons
- Microwavable bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- White and milk chocolate melting chocolate
- Peppermint candy cane pieces
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt either your white or milk chocolate melting chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Tip: Be sure not to overheat your melting chocolate or else the whole batch will be ruined!
- Take your spoons and dip each one in the melting chocolate. Be sure to get as much chocolate as you can on the spoon.
- Set each spoon on the baking sheet and sprinkle each one with the candy cane pieces.
- Once you’ve repeated these steps for each spoon, allow each spoon to harden completely.
- Serve the spoons at place settings, deliver them on cookie plates, or dip them straight into a mug of coffee or hot chocolate. Enjoy!
How cute is the final product? We enjoyed stirring them into our own mugs of coffee (and might have eaten a couple straight off of the spoon!).
Will you be recreating these chocolate stirring spoons?
Let us know in the comments!
XO Team LC