Keep scrolling to see how you can recreate these spicy sweet cookies in the comfort of your own home…
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (or substitute chocolate chips)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add sugar and canola oil and whisk until combined. Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula just until combined. Add the chocolate chunks and mix until distributed evenly. Tip: Do not over mix your cookie dough, or it will be rough! The dough should be looser than your average cookie dough.
- With a cookie scoop (preferably a 2 tbsp. size) scoop out cookies onto parchment lined cookie sheet, about 1.5″ apart from one another.
- Set in fridge for 10 to 15 minutes or until cookies harden a little.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Push cookies down a little with the palm of your hand so that they are more flat than dome shaped.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 8 minutes, until the edges are set and the center doesn’t look raw. Cookies will continue to bake once they are out of the oven. (I like my cookies extra fudgy, so bake more or less depending on your preference!). Enjoy!
Will you be trying this yummy recipe?
My mouth is watering just thinking about them.