Donuts are having a major moment right now. Everywhere I look, I feel like they’re are being instagrammed, blogged about and pinned. It seems like people are whipping up the most gorgeous donut creations on a weekly basis! So, when we had our baker and friend Lauren Lowstan with us the other day, we were adamant about putting in a donut request with her. Let me warn you by saying that this decorating trick isn’t for your average donuts. These sweet treats were inspired by a donut decorating technique Lauren found on Paper & Stitch and they are surprisingly easy to make!
This trick is pretty simple, since we just used store-bought donuts and then decorated from there. Without further ado, here is Team LC’s newest culinary obsession: spray paint donuts…
Spray Paint Powdered Sugar Donuts
- 1 package store-bought powdered donuts (you can also make yours homemade—here’s a recipe we love)
- different colors of color food spray (we used these)
- parchment paper
1. Place 1 donut on a piece of parchment paper. Take another piece of parchment and cover half of the donut.
2. Spray exposed part of donut. Do the same with the other side with another color, or you could use the same color for an ombré effect.
3. Do this with the rest of the donuts. Have fun with it and get creative!
Pretty gorgeous (and easy!), right? Thanks again to Paper & Stitch for the inspiration!
Have any confectionary requests for Miss Lowstan?
Leave them in the comments!