There is certainly no shortage of delicious seasonal dishes this time of year. Fall food is some of our favorite, whether we’re baking up a storm or testing out our Turkey Day menu. But many fall recipes have one thing in common: they are often quite indulgent. So if you’re already reaching your limit with pumpkin pies and mashed potatoes, and it’s not even Thanksgiving yet, today we have a fresh and healthy alternative courtesy of Kelly LeVeque of Be Well By Kelly. Using seasonal produce like acorn squash and pomegranate seeds, this recipe is the perfect way to get your fix of fall flavors with some lighter fare. You can serve as a side dish or add some roast chicken or turkey for a higher protein main course. Either way, it will be delicious! (And if you want your fall menu to look as beautifully plated as this salad, you can shop all the servingware at Lauren’s fair trade shop The Little Market.) Get the recipe below…
Autumn Arugula Salad
- organicgirl supergreens! or similar greens mix (baby chard, bok choy, arugula, and spinach)
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups of sliced acorn squash
- ½ cup of pomegranate seeds
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans
1. Slice squash ½ inch thick and roast at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes or until caramelized.
2. Add greens to plate. Top with sliced avocado and acorn squash, and then sprinkle on pomegranate seeds and pecans.
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup of olive oil
Whisk together and drizzle 2 Tbsp per serving of salad.
Are you going to give this recipe a try?
We hope you do!
XO Team LC