Happy Halloween, everyone! If you’re anything like me, you’ve had your costume ready for weeks and have been patiently waiting to break it out for a festive Halloween party or trick-or-treating (it’s Liam’s first time!). Whatever your plans are tonight, there’s no denying that one of the best parts of Halloween are the spooky snacks and sweet treats. So whether you need an adorable dessert for tonight’s party or a fun activity to do with leftover Halloween candy tomorrow, you’ll want to try out these cute and colorful candy sushi rolls. They’re so good you’ll want to eat them on the spot…
Here’s what you will need:
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Swedish Fish (I used these colorful ones)
- Gummy strips (Colorful versions like this work best)
For the sashimi:
1. To make the sashimi, cut the Rice Krispie treats into small squares, about an inch wide.
2. Next, place one of the Swedish Fish on top of bed of “rice.”
3. Wrap a gummy strip around the fish, and press the ends together underneath the rice.
For the sushi rolls:
1. Cut the Rice Krispie treats into long strips, length wise. These will wrap around the fish so make sure you have enough.
2. Stand the Swedish Fish upright while pressing the Rice Krispie treat around it, to form a roll with the fish in the center. Get rid off any excess rice.
3. Wrap a strip of the gummy candy around the roll. If you need to, push a tooth pick through the sides of the roll to keep it together. (Just make sure to warn your guests before they bite in!)
For the seaweed salad:
For my sushi plate, I added a small pile of seaweed salad. To make this, simply trim the green strips from a few ropes of gummy candy.
And that’s all it takes to make these sweet and spooky platters of candy sushi!
What Halloween treats are you making today?
Let me know in the comments!