Whenever I’m designing or simply wearing clothing that I love, it’s all about the details. Sometimes that looks like a ruffled sleeve, a raw hemline, or a subtle bow to complete an ensemble. Since I prefer to keep my accessories on the subtler side, that leaves room for my outfit to do all the talking. Smocking stepped back into the limelight recently and I love how this detail is adorning both summer and fall pieces. Not only does it add some texture, but smocked pieces flatter figures in all the right places. From off-the-shoulder tops to dresses and two-piece sets, just add a little smocking and you have yourself a sweet and trendy look. It was hard to narrow down my favorites, but keep scrolling to see which smocked pieces I’m currently smitten over…
1. 1.State Off the Shoulder Top, $89
2. Reformation Kitty Two-Piece Dress, $218
3. Knox Rose Short Sleeve Smocked Shirt, $24.99
5. Free People Butterflies Chambray Midi Dress, $58.80
6. Storee Polka Dot Smocked Top, $60
7. Amanda Uprichard Smocked Midi Dress, $265
8. findersKEEPERS Merci Jumpsuit, $130
9. re:named Traci Dress, $78
11. Who What Wear Striped Smocked Tank Midi Dress, $32.99
12. UO Gingham Cinched-Sleeve Blouse, $59
Which one of these pieces is your favorite?
Let me know in the comments!