I’m a firm believer that fashion should be fun. Whether I am designing a collection or simply picking out an outfit, that mantra is always in the back of my mind. That doesn’t mean that every clothing item in your closet should be a so-called “fun” piece. As you may know, I first and foremost believe in having a strong foundational wardrobe and my personal style is mostly very classic. But once you have the foundation of your wardrobe down, the fun part often comes in the form of statement accessories.
There are so many options available when it comes to fun accessories this season, from statement earrings to rainbow gemstone jewelry. But one other trend that has caught my eye is the conversational handbag. The bags pictured below add a fun element to whatever outfit you choose, whether you are wearing jeans and a tee or a summer sundress. They are called conversational bags because they are the type of purses people will literally comment on. They will make everyone stop and stare (in a good way), or even strike up a conversation (starting with, “You must tell me where you got that fabulous bag!”). Shop all 10 of my playful handbag picks below, and you will see what I mean…
1. Cult Gaia The Babe Bag, $198
2. LC Lauren Conrad Love, Lauren Heart-Shaped Crossbody Bag, $27
3. Kate Spade New York Shore Thing Crab Hilli Cross Body Bag, $198
4. Forever 21 Lemon Wedge Crossbody Bag, $18
5. Staud Moreau Bag, $375
6. Serpui Marie Pineapple Crossbody Bag, $288
7. The Little Market Raffia Fringe Tote, $128
8. Kayu Shellfish Clutch, $228
9. Maje Quilted Leather Belt Bag, $315
10. Clare V. Flore Blush Hair-On Bag, $345
Which one of these fun bags is your favorite?
I love the seashell clutch.