The votes have been cast, the red carpet ensembles have been styled, and it’s almost time to curl up on the couch and watch as the winners are announced. That’s right, awards season is upon us and we’ve already planned an Oscars watch party with our friends. We’ll use this night as an excuse to break out the wine and finger foods, and we can’t think of a better snack than good old-fashioned popcorn. We don’t exactly mean the kind you reach for during a movie though. Today we’re talking about a treat that is a little more decadent. Let us introduce you to these easy to make and totally yummy marshmallow popcorn balls. Now this is a sweet and crunchy dessert that will have you reaching for seconds.
This treat takes home the trophy in our book. Dipped in white chocolate and coated in sprinkles, these marshmallow popcorn balls created by our favorite baker Lauren Lowstan are the ultimate dessert. If this sounds right up your alley, keep scrolling to snag the recipe that will leave any crowd roaring with applause…
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 12 cups plain popped popcorn
- 8 ounces coating white chocolate or candy melts
- Gold and silver sprinkles
- pop sticks
1. Add the popcorn to a large bowl and set aside.
2. Add the butter and marshmallows to a large glass bowl. Microwave for two minutes, or until marshmallows are completely melted.
3. Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and lightly mix. Make sure all of the popcorn is coated.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
5. Form the popcorn into balls and place onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Once all of the balls are formed, dip a pop stick into the tops of each popcorn ball.
7. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between each time. Tip: I like to use a Pyrex measuring cup. It makes dipping the popcorn balls so easy.
8. Dip each popcorn ball halfway into the white chocolate and set back onto the baking sheet.
9. Sprinkle the tops and sides of the popcorn balls with gold and silver sprinkles.
10. Let white chocolate harden completely and enjoy!
Will these popcorn marshmallow balls be adorning your next dessert table?
Let us know if you decide to make them in the comments below!
XO Team LC
P.S. If you’re looking to add a few more fun and festive snacks to your party menu, we think you’ll love these: