If you’re like us, you’ve been waiting all of January for the moment when it finally feels appropriate to set out that candy dish of conversation hearts and pull your favorite date night dresses out of your closet. Yes, Valentine’s Day is nearly upon us, and it’s time to start making plans for the 14th! Whether you’re having a girls’ night out, doing date night, or indulging in a cozy night in, this holiday is not one to be missed. And this week, we’re excited to report that we have some fun red and pink content coming your way. First up are these adorable and delicious chocolate covered gummy lips created by our talented resident baker, Lauren Lowstan. If you like chocolate covered gummy bears, then these treats are for you. You can whip up a batch to serve to your Valentine or simply keep them on hand to snack on this month when you get a sweet tooth. Here is the recipe…
Chocolate Covered Valentine Gummy Candies
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons kosher gelatin
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1 drop pink gel food coloring
- silicone or plastic lip molds
- 4 oz. dark chocolate
1. In a small saucepan, add water and sprinkle the gelatin (you don’t need to stir it) and let it sit and harden a bit. This will only take a couple of minutes at most.
2. Once it looks more like gel than liquid, turn on the heat. Keep your heat at low at all times.
3. Whisk the gelatin and water until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Once dissolved, add in all your sugar. Continuously whisk on low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. This takes no more than 5 minutes.
4. Once the sugar is dissolved, take the mixture off the heat and add in the extract and pink food coloring.
5. Add your mixture to a small measuring cup so it’s easier to pour. Pour into your molds and use an offset spatula to scrape off any excess liquid.
6. Set in the refrigerator until the gummies are set up. This only takes about 30 minutes.
7. Pop the gummies out of the molds.
8. If you want to dip your gummies into chocolate, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
9. Place one gummy into the chocolate and take out with a fork. Place onto a piece of parchment paper and place in the fridge until hardened.
Will you make these treats this Valentine’s Day?
Stay tuned for more Valentine’s Day treats and an entire Galentine’s Day party set up, coming to the blog this week!
XO Team LC