Sure, a lot of compromises are made when you have a baby. You’ll become a morning person whether you like it or not, think twice before you buy another ‘dry clean only’ blouse, and learn to master the 5-minute makeup routine. And when it comes to home décor, you will need to make your living space safe and practical for little ones. But contrary to popular belief, baby-proofing your home doesn’t have to mean sacrificing on style.
As a mama of two small children, I spend a lot of my time at home with family—which means I’m more obsessed with home décor than ever before. So with that in mind, I wanted to start a new series of blog posts on the site where I can share some of my chic and childproof home décor finds. Think fabrics that won’t stain, furniture sans sharp corners, stylish toy storage solutions, and decorative accents that won’t shatter if they are dropped. First up: chic ottomans and poufs. These soft furniture pieces are sophisticated, versatile, and totally baby-proof. Whether you’re looking for a place to rest your feet, some makeshift seating, or swapping out a potentially dangerous coffee table (just put a tray on top!), you can take these 11 picks as proof that you don’t have to compromise your style just because you have kids…
1. Lulu & Georgia Marvel Ottoman in Moss, $295
2. Target Soft Taupe/Tan Rustique Pouf, $80.24
3. Target Pillowfort Braided Pouf in Peach Cheek, $50
4. Pottery Barn Kids Crochet Starfish Pouf, $79
5. Lulu & Georgia Salma Moroccan Pouf in White, $330
6. CB2 Movie Birch Storage Ottoman, $599
7. Pottery Barn Kids Round Tufted Ottoman in Erin Linen Oatmeal, $300
8. Target Hearth & Hand With Magnolia Plaid Pouf in Midnight Blue, $60
9. CB2 Pleated Blush Ottoman-Stool, $199
10. Lulu & Georgia Tavin Velvet Ottoman in Pool, $345
11. Lulu & Georgia Patan Square Pouf in Natural, $115
Which one of these options is your favorite?
And what type of home décor would you like to see in my next Baby Proof roundup?
Let me know below!