Hi everyone! It’s Claire here again from The Kitchy Kitchen. I don’t think I’ve met a potato I haven’t at least grudgingly devoured, as long as there was salt and pepper nearby. Potatoes are my comfort food. If I have a stomach ache, French fries will fix it. So these smashed, fried, and garlicky potatoes are an instant favorite for me. They’re especially good under a few fried eggs. Enjoy!
- 2 potato, cut into wedges
- 2 cups olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 half lemon, squeezed
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Toss potatoes in a pot of water, bring up to a boil, and cook until tender but still a bit hard in the middle, about 8 to 10 minutes of boiling. Drain, pat dry, and smash each wedge with the back of a fork into a little smashed disc.
2. Add the olive oil to a pan, the oil should be about 2 inches deep, with at least two inches of pan above it. Bring to about 325F, add the potatoes and cook, turning once, until golden brown. Drain onto a paper towel. Turn up the heat to 400F. Add the potatoes again, until a deep golden brown (about another 3 minutes). And drain on paper towels again. Mix with garlic, parsley, lemon, salt and pepper.
Will you be adding this recipe to your weekend breakfast menu?
Tell us how you like them in the comments!