As much as we’d love chocolate to be at the top of our health food list, sweets just don’t make the cut when it comes to sticking to our wellness goals. Hey, it’s taken a lot of practice and self-control to curb our sweet tooth! But what if we told you that there’s a dessert recipe out there that’s just as healthy for you as it is indulgent? Cheat days just got a whole lot sweeter with this homemade chocolate recipe. In an effort to keep our latest LaurenConrad.com photo shoot on the healthier side, we recruited our resident baker Lauren Lowstan to create a treat that incorporated some of our favorite superfoods and of course, chocolate! What she came up with was utterly delicious…meet our mini superfood chocolate bars.
With a combination of coconut, dark chocolate, and acai, these little treats are irresistible. Whenever we’re having an inevitable sweets craving, these superfood chocolates do the trick. Plus how pretty do they look sprinkled with dried fruit and little rose buds? Trust us when we say that you’re definitely going to want to keep these on hand during a midday snack attack! Keep scrolling to find out just how simple it is to make these superfood chocolates in your own kitchen…
- 6 tablespoons coconut butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup dark chocolate
- ¼ maple syrup
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons acai powder
- 1 teaspoon Ashwagandha powder
- 1 teaspoon reishi mushroom powder
- pinch of salt
- freeze dried strawberries
- dried mini roses
- dried osmanthus flower herbs
1. In a small saucepan set over medium heat, add your coconut butter, coconut oil and dark chocolate and let them melt completely.
2. Turn off your heat and add in the maple syrup, cocoa powder, acai powder, Ashwagandha powder, reishi mushroom powder and salt. Whisk until combined.
3. Add the chocolate mix into a large piping bag and fill the round cavities of a chocolate mold until they are ¾ of the way full.
4. Add a small rose bud to the tops of each chocolate and sprinkle with the rest of the dried ingredients.
5. Let the chocolate completely harden by popping them into the refrigerator. Serve and enjoy!
It’s nearly impossible to eat just one! But we’d like to see you try…
Will you be whipping up a batch of these superfood chocolates?
Let us know if you do in the comments!
XO Team LC