Today we’re excited to bring you three simple and nourishing Beauty DIYs from our friend Lauren Gores Ireland, who is an L.A.-based lifestyle blogger. You can find more of her musings over at You & Lu. Today Lauren is sharing her favorite homemade face and body masks that will give any expecting mama a healthy glow. Take a peek…
I’m a serious skincare junkie, and I so desperately wanted that maternity-like glow when I first became pregnant. But most of the time, exhaustion wins and I lean on major amounts of highlighter. Plus, a lot of my favorite skincare products are less-than-ideal to use while pregnant because of certain ingredients. A few months in, I started to play around with DIY face masks, body scrubs and nourishing oils. My kitchen is now more of a beauty counter. I started experimenting with a lot of different recipes I spotted online, and made personal tweaks to create my favorite products. This way, I know exactly what I’m putting on my skin (and, I’m not spending a ton of money splurging on unnecessary beauty buys)!
Below are a few of my skincare favorites. Don’t be afraid of making your own changes to best fit your likes…
Oatmeal Rose Face Mask
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup fresh or dried rose petals
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- ½ tablespoon rose coconut oil (this makes the mask pink!)
- 1 teaspoon honey
1. Combine oats and rose petals in a blender until the consistency is fine and gritty. Pour into a bowl.
2. Add rose water, rose coconut oil and honey. Stir well.
3. Apply to face for 10 minutes and rinse.
Lavender Coconut Body Scrub
- ¾ cup sugar (mix pink and white sugars to create a blush-colored scrub!)
- ¼ cup pink Himalayan salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 10 drops lavender oil
1. Combine coconut oil and sugars in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add in salt and lavender oil and stir until combined (the mixture will appear chunky).
3. Apply to body in shower. Scrub and rinse well!
Nourishing Body Oil
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons rosehip oil
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
1. Combine all oils in a small dropper bottle (or in an air-tight container and shake well for 30-seconds).
2. Apply to dry areas on body. Let oil sink into skin before putting on clothes to avoid stains.
We can’t thank our friend, Lauren, enough for these sweet and simple beauty DIYs! Whether you’ve got a little babe on the way or not, these are definitely worth trying at home…
Are you going to give any of these DIYs a go?
Let us know in the comments!
XO Team LC