Today one of Team LC’s very favorite bloggers, Amber Fillerup of Barefoot Blonde, will be sharing an original beauty post with all of you! Amber’s braids and updos are what our hair dreams are made of, so you can imagine why we’re excited to have her contribute to today’s post. Keep reading to see her half-updo messy braid tutorial below!
Hey guys! It’s Amber here from Barefoot Blonde! Today I’m sharing a new hairstyle with you. It’s pretty straightforward and doesn’t take a lot of time, so it’s great for the girl on the go! I like to have a little list of quick styles I can do when I am in a hurry since I always wait ‘til the last minute to get ready. Here are the steps so you can recreate this hairstyle yourself!
1. First, tease your hair to create a little extra volume. Then pull your hair into a half up with a clear elastic.
2. Braid the ends of the half up portion of your hair and secure the braid with a clear elastic.
3. Pull the braid apart until it is as thick as you would like it to be. I like to mess mine up a bit to make it look thicker and more texturized.
4. Take a small section of hair from underneath the braid and wrap it around the first clear elastic you used to secure the half up portion.
5. Bobby pin the section of hair in place.
6. Mist with a little bit of hairspray and voilá!
And there you have it! If you liked this post from Amber, be sure to check out her Textured Double Braid, Double Dutch Braid Bun and 1-Minute Knotted Half Up-Do tutorials. Thanks for sharing today’s Hair How-To, Amber!
Will you be trying out this up-do messy braid?
XO Team LC