When it comes to painting my nails, I tend to change them up on a regular basis. My go to colors are usually in the blush, navy or red family, but there are times when I’ll make an exception. That being said, my team and I thought it would be fun to create a nail tutorial honoring one of our favorite holidays of the year. A fun Halloween-inspired manicure seemed like a fitting choice for the month of October. Don’t worry if you aren’t a nail art pro, this tutorial is frighteningly simple. So if you’re looking for a chic way to show your holiday spirit or amp up your Halloween costume, you’ve come to the right place. Read on to discover just how easily you can transform your nails into this spooky eye manicure…
Here’s what you will need:
- a small paint brush
- black, white and red nail polish
- a base and topcoat
- a toothpick
1. My secret to any lasting manicure is to always start with a base coat.
2. Next, grab your favorite black nail polish and paint on two coats. That way you’ll have the perfect black canvas for your spooky eyes.
3. Once your black nail polish is dry, grab the small paintbrush and white nail polish. Paint two white ovals on each nail—this will be the whites of the eyes.
4. Let the white nail polish dry completely. Then with the toothpick, add a spot of red into the middle of each white oval. Your nails should now have a set of spooky eyes!
5. When all of your layers are dry, use a topcoat to polish off your manicure.
And there you have it! You now have a spooky eye manicure, perfect for Halloween. No matter your costume, these nails are sure to be a hit for the coming holiday.
Do you have any spooky manicure ideas?
Let me know if you do in the comments!
Shop This Story…