Hello LaurenConrad.com readers, it’s Claire again from The Kitchy Kitchen. Croissants are a breakfast staple and already delicious on their own, but after being so inspired by Union Fare’s whimsical creations, I couldn’t help myself in creating a batch of my own. From a celebratory birthday breakfast in bed to whipping up these colorful confections just because, these birthday cake croissants are sure to put a smile on anyone’s face. They’re surprisingly simple to master, and can be made with store-bought dough if you’re in a rush. I can’t wait to try this with other flavors, like green tea or maybe espresso. Enjoy!
Birthday Cake Croissants
Makes 8 medium-sized croissants or 12 small croissants.
- 1 recipe croissant dough (I used this one HERE)
- 1/2 cup vanilla buttercream frosting (or your favorite frosting)
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 egg, beaten
1. After you’ve mixed up your croissant dough, place the flat croissants onto a baking sheet covered in parchment.
2. Spread a tablespoon of vanilla buttercream into the center of the croissant and sprinkle with sprinkles.
3. Roll up the triangle into a croissant and place back in the fridge to chill.
4. When ready to bake, brush with a little egg wash (the 1 beaten egg) and sprinkle with sprinkles again. Bake as recipe directs. Enjoy!
Will you be making these bad boys for breakfast this weekend?
Let me know if you do in the comments!
The Kitchy Kitchen