I hope you’ve all enjoyed our month of Ask Me Anything August so far, because I sure have enjoyed writing my Ask Lauren posts. It’s always interesting to go through your questions and comments, then sit down to do some writing and give my two cents on each topic. To round out the theme of this month, I’ve put together one last Ask Lauren post where I’m sharing 25 things you didn’t know about me. I personally love reading these types of posts, so I hope you enjoy finding out some new facts about yours truly! Let’s get started, shall we?
1. Dirty Dancing is one of the few movies I can watch over and over again. Nobody puts Baby in a corner!
2. Backgammon is one of my favorite games. My husband and I play all the time.
3. My favorite vacation ever was a trip I went on to Italy with my family six years ago. We went for two weeks and traveled all over the country.
4. I have chipped (and had to fix) my front left tooth 3 times in the last year. Klutz.
5. When I travel my go-to street food is a fresh coconut. They’re so hydrating, and the coconut meat is a great little snack.
6. I can make a mean chicken dish with an artichoke, white wine and butter sauce, served over angel hair pasta. My husband calls it Chicken Á La Lauren.
7. In high school I had to play softball for the PE credit and I was so terrible that my position was “scorekeeper”.
8. I was in ASB student government when I was in high school. What can I say… I love my party planning.
9. I’ve been skydiving twice.
10. I have two dogs named Chloe and Fitzgerald. We named little Fitz after F. Scott Fitzgerald (if you ask me) and John F. Kennedy (if you ask William).
11. I can’t stand the smell of lemongrass. It makes me really nauseous. Lemon blossoms, however, are one of my favorite smells in the world.
12. When I was in high school I was playing Twister at a pep rally in front of the entire student body and my pants fell down. I blame the low-rise jeans trend…
13. My name is Lauren Katherine, which is a version of my Mother’s first and maiden name, Katherine Lawrence, flipped.
14. Growing up we had tons of pets—dogs, cats, box turtles, hamsters, parakeets, finches, and an aquarium full of fish. My mom is an animal lover.
15. My favorite plant I grow in my garden is roses.
16. I love any combination of the colors cream, blush and gold.
17. My parents have been married for 33 years.
18. My engagement ring is the best gift I’ve ever received.
19. My favorite meal is Pho. I would eat it everyday if I could.
20. I’m really good at Tetris.
21. My girls crush is Emilia Clark from Game of Thrones. I love her Instagram. Why is she the cutest thing ever?
22. My go-to cocktail at a bar is an extra dirty martini.
23. My must-have product is sunscreen. It’s the first thing I put on every morning
24. I strongly believe that really good vanilla bean ice cream is underrated.
25. I met my husband when I was 16 and sitting onstage at one of his concerts. Ten years later we were set up on a blind date.
What fact from the list above surprised you the most?
Let me know what you thought in the comments below! And if you have a list of fun facts most people don’t know about you, feel free to share. I’d love to read your answers.