During the summer months, we are at the height of melon season. Watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew…you name it, we love it! Since there’s nothing more refreshing than biting into a juicy slice of fruit or adding it to one of your favorite summer sips, we thought we’d keep the melon momentum going with a colorful and delicious salad recipe. While we’re still fans of getting our daily doses of leafy greens, sometimes a hot day calls for chilled cubes of our favorite melon. If that sweetness wasn’t satisfying enough, add the savory flavor of prosciutto into the mix and you have yourself a match made in heaven!
In today’s Recipe Box installment, we’re going to show you how to recreate this fresh, delicious and insanely simple salad recipe. With only a few ingredients, this dish makes the perfect addition to any picnic basket or summer potluck. If this sounds right up your alley, keep scrolling to make your own version of this cubed melon and prosciutto salad…
Cubed Melon and Prosciutto Salad
- mint leaves
1. Cube each of your melons into bite-sized squares. This recipe is equally as delicious if you used a melon baller instead!
2. Mix all 3 melons together on a large platter or in a bowl.
3. Cut the prosciutto into one-inch strips. Roll each strip so that they end up looking like a little rose (this adds a little something extra to your salad!). Scatter the prosciutto roses throughout.
4. Place fresh mint leaves next to each piece of prosciutto so that they look even more like roses.
5. For even more flavor, we suggest drizzling balsamic vinegar over your melon salad (trust us, it’s delicious!).
There are few things better than fresh fruit! We were so pleased with how this salad turned out that we can’t wait to bring it to our next backyard summer BBQ!
Will you be slicing up this salad anytime soon?
Let us know if you recreate the recipe in the comments below!
XO Team LC