When it comes to holidays, the royal treatment isn’t reserved just for Mother’s Day anymore. While I tend to think of Father’s Day as a holiday to relax by the pool and fire up the BBQ, that doesn’t mean you can’t dress things up a little when it comes to place settings. Think of dad’s favorite polo shirt and you’re on the right track…
Similar to this folded napkin tutorial that we featured for Valentine’s Day, I thought it would be a sweet idea to fold cloth napkins into shirts for Father’s Day. Keep scrolling to see a step-by-step tutorial showing you how to transform an ordinary cloth napkin into an adorable polo shirt for your upcoming Father’s Day celebrations…
Polo Shirt Folded Napkins
Pretty cool right? Here’s a collage of all the steps you can pin to Pinterest and remember the next time you want to use this fun napkin trick:
1. Start with a square napkin and fold each corner so that the tips are in the center creating a smaller square.
2. Fold the right side of the napkin into the center. Repeat with the left side so that they meet in the middle.
3. Flip the napkin over. Fold the top of the napkin down about an inch.
4. Flip the napkin over a second time. Fold the top right corner of the napkin in so that the points meet in the center of the napkin.
5. Fold the top left corner in so that it meets the other point in the center of the napkin. You’ll notice that this creates the t-shirt collar.
6. If you aren’t using an iron to flatten each fold, find something to weigh down your collar while you complete these next couple of steps (I used a spoon!). At the bottom center of the napkin, fold the right flap out diagonally.
7. Fold the left flap of the napkin out diagonally, similar to step 6.
8. Fold the bottom of the napkin up so that it tucks under the collar.
9. Smooth everything nice and flat so that the t-shirt stays in place on each plate.
10. For the finishing touch, I added a cute little bowtie with a piece of ribbon. Viola!
I can’t wait to put these on every place setting this Father’s Day.
Will you be recreating these adorable t-shirt folded napkins for your dad?
Let me know in the comments below!