We’re excited to bring you an adorable post from our friend Lauren Gores Ireland, who is an L.A.-based lifestyle blogger. You can find more of her musings over at You & Lu. Today she’s sharing her recipe for homemade rose petal and fresh herb-infused bar soap. Take a peek…
So fresh, so clean… and oh-so-crafty. That’s how I feel about tackling a DIY project like homemade soap. This is one craft idea that will leave you cleaner than when you started.
Grab your girlfriends and create something that smells like springtime! Today I’m showing you how simple it is to make your own rose-infused bar soap. The finished product will bring a little beauty to your bathroom while reminding you springtime isn’t so far away… (P.S. Wander over to You & Lu for more chic DIY’s!)
DIY Rose Petal Bar Soap
Here’s What You Will Need:
- unscented natural soap
- rose petals
- rose essential oil
- soap molds
Here’s How to Make It:
- Slice unscented soap into smaller chunks, and place pieces in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add 2 oz. of water to the bowl, and microwave in 30 second intervals until the soap is melted (usually about 1 ½ to 2 minutes total). Be careful not to let the soap dry out!
- Place several rose petals into the bottom of the soap mold.
- Place several more rose petals into the melted soap mixture, and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the soap mold (over the rose petals), and spread evenly.
- Place a few rose petals on the soap’s surface, and let the soap cool (we placed our molds in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes).
- Pop the soap out of the mold, and use like you would any bar soap! Note: the edges should look perfectly imperfect.
Other great homemade soap combinations are fresh mint + peppermint essential oil, dried lavender + lavender essential oil, and fresh rosemary + eucalyptus essential oil.
There you have it! Thanks to Lauren of You & Lu for sharing this DIY tutorial!
Are you going to give it a try? What other scent combinations can you come up with?
Also, how cute would these be for a Mother’s Day gift?
XO Team LC