Hosting a Valentine’s Day soiree is all about ambiance. After all, this holiday is all about embracing your inner hopeless romantic. Whether you’re brunching with your besties or setting up for a romantic date night in, planning the menu is only half the battle. Since you’ll want to make a good impression before your guests even take a bite, my latest décor idea will come in handy. To help you kick an already beautiful tablescape up a notch, I’ve created three folded napkin tutorials to wow your guests. Keep scrolling to learn how to easily turn ordinary dinner napkins into love letters, roses, and hearts…
Love Note Folded Napkin
- Start by folding your napkin in half so that it forms a triangle.
- Take two sides of your triangle and fold them towards the center of the napkin.
- Fold the sides of the napkin in once again and have them meet at the center.
- Press along the creases firmly so that your napkin holds its shape once you’re finished.
- Fold the bottom of the napkin up towards the triangle flap, stopping about half an inch below it.
- Fold the triangle flap down and admire your envelope! As a sweet detail, stick a love note into the napkin so that your guest has something to unfold at dinnertime.
Heart-Shaped Folded Napkin
- Begin by folding your square napkin in half.
- Fold the napkin in half again.
- Take one half of the napkin and fold it up.
- Fold the other half of the napkin up, similar to step 3.
- To make your napkin look like a heart, tuck the corners of the center flaps behind the napkin.
- Repeat step 5 for each corner, and viola!
Rose Folded Napkin
- Similar to the Love Letter Napkin Fold, begin by folding your napkin in half so that it forms a triangle.
- Next, roll the long edge of the napkin toward the point of the triangle. Make sure to roll the napkin tightly for the best end results.
- Keep rolling until you have about 3 inches of unrolled napkin left.
- Take one end of the tightly rolled up napkin and begin rolling it towards the other end.
- Keep rolling the napkin until there is 2 inches left of the tail.
- Tuck the remaining 2 inches into the pocket created by rolling the napkin.
- Pull apart the point of the triangle that you left unrolled in step 3. Once pulled apart, the flaps should look similar to bunny ears.
- Fold the flaps all the way over creating the leaves of your rose. How pretty is the end result?
A helpful tip: Before you start folding your napkins, make sure that each one is ironed out and wrinkle-free.
These creative folded napkins may take a couple of practice tries, but you’ll get the hang of it in no time!
Will you be trying your hand at these napkins?
Let me know if you do in the comments!