If you’re an avid reader of LaurenConrad.com, then you’re familiar with my previous New Year’s wellness plans. At the beginning of each year, I let all of my readers in on my 7-day routine to looking and feeling my absolute best. There’s nothing more satisfying that setting a goal and accomplishing it, especially when it involves improving your health and overall wellness. These plans are created with the everyday working girl in mind. Realistically, we don’t all have time to frequent the gym more than once a day. So, I’ve created a clean eating and exercising routine to help even the busiest of us stay on track to a happier and healthier year ahead.
This year I’ve curated a plan to help you become the best version of yourself. From all of my favorite healthy meals to tried and true workout routines, you’ll be starting 2016 on a high note that’s sure to last. Let’s get started…
Most of us go into these plans with different goals in mind. How about we mix it up and set some goals together this year? The first goal behind this plan is to refine our eating habits to be more healthful overall. This may take some serious self-control, but I know we can accomplish it! The second goal is to push ourselves to set a workout routine that will have us feeling energized, fit, and strong.
Now that we’ve set our goals it’s important to remind you all of the rules. Here’s a quick refresher for those of you that are unfamiliar…
- Keep your eyes on the prize and if possible, enlist a partner in crime. It’s always easier when you have your bestie there for support! While this may be a 7-day plan, consider making these tips long-term habits.
- Drink lots of water! At least 8-10 glasses a day. Click here to find out exactly how much water you need.
- Each day, exercise, eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and some healthy snacks. Make sure to get a walk in too! Don’t skimp on any of these—you’ll need plenty of food to fuel your workout and you’ll need to work out to feel great!
- Avoid soda, sugary baked goods, and processed foods altogether. Think of it as a junk food cleanse and a lesson in curbing your sweet tooth.
- No eating 2-3 hours before you go to bed.
- If possible, try to sneak in your exercise before breakfast. Otherwise, just make sure you squeeze it into your schedule. This is the most important part!
The Diet Breakdown
To start the Jump Start January Plan, the best thing you can do is sit down and make a detailed grocery list. That way it will be easier to prepare your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks and cuts out room for you to grab anything unhealthy. Stock your refrigerator with organic seafood, poultry, and meat as well as tons of organic fruits and vegetables. For your pantry, be sure to stock up on superfoods, gluten-free starches such as brown rice and red quinoa, nuts such as raw almonds, cashews, and walnuts, and fiber products for snacks and shakes. Below are my all-time favorite healthy meal options…
- Grilled Avocado Salad With Green Goddess Dressing
- Lean Meatballs (this post has a handful of recipes to help refuel your muscles after a workout!)
- Kale Chef’s Salad
- Seared Ahi Tuna Earth Bowl
- Spaghetti Squash
- Falafel collard wraps or any of these other meatless meal ideas
- Spicy Tomato Rainbow Zoodles
- Herb salmon with a side of quick and easy quinoa
- Chocolate chia seed pudding from this healthy post-workout snacks post
- Healthy Trailmix
- BeWell Smoothie
- Flax Crackers and Avocado
The Workout Breakdown
Now that your meals are planned, it’s time to get down to business. It’s important to distinguish which areas you want to work on most. Are you wanting to strengthen your core, increase your cardio, or go for an all-around toning routine? Identify which muscles you want to be focusing on so that you can really solidify your workout routine. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t have access to a gym, there are plenty of ways to workout for free! Below I’ve created a list of workout options that cover all of the bases.
- The Partner In Crime Workout Routine (grab your BFF for this one!)
- 30 minutes of cardio per day (I’m a fan of this Tone It Up cardio routine as well as good old fashioned running)
- This Toning Kettle Bell Routine (incorporating weights is one of the best things you can do for your body!)
- 1 hour of yoga, spin, or barre
- A 30-minute Fat Burning Stairmaster Workout
- The Metabolism Boosting Workout
And there you have it ladies! If you diligently follow a clean eating and workout routine for a week, you’ll be well on your way to feeling your best. I believe that a new year calls for a happier, healthier you. My intention for this Jump Start January Plan is to create healthy, lifelong habits that start to form after one week. I’ll be starting this plan this week, so let’s help each other do it together!
Will you be partaking in my Jump Start January Plan?
I hope you will! Let me know in the comments.