We’re pretty excited to be jetting off to the East Coast next week for New York Fashion Week (eeek!). Just in case you haven’t heard already (where have you been?!), Lauren will be showing a runway collection for her LC Lauren Conrad line. And we’ll be tagging along to give everyone here a special behind-the-scenes peek. Plus, we’ll be attending lots of other shows and covering beauty looks from backstage, too.
But before we take off, we wanted to give you a peek inside our purses. If you ask us, it’s always interesting to see what a girl carries inside her bag. And for this busy week especially, we put a lot of thought into what essentials we’ll need to keep us going in style. Take a peek…
1. Healthy snacks. During fashion week, you’re often running from show to show without a real break in between. Suddenly you look at your watch, and you see that it’s 4pm and you still haven’t eaten lunch. And all of the sudden you’re starving. Almonds are a go-to snack to keep on hand since they are a high in healthy fats and protein that will keep you full. We buy a big bag, and then refill our Blue Avocado (re)zip baggie when we need to.
2. Hand sanitizer. New York subways. Enough said!
3. Olivine Atelier Love + Roses Beauty Mist. When you’re running around the city all day, your makeup can end up feeling a little less than fresh. A quick spritz of this rose scented spray refreshes weary hair and makeup, and makes your skin feel perfectly dewy.
4. Shu Uemura Essence Absolue in travel size. This hair oil is a favorite among our editors for smoothing frizz and keeping your tresses shiny. This convenient 1 oz. travel size makes it into our bag whenever we’re traveling.
5. XO Mints. Breath mints are a must when you’re meeting all sorts of new people within the industry.
6. Bling Wipes. We always have a couple of these stashed inside our purse. They’re great for keeping your jewelry sparkling when you’re on the go.
7. Stylish sunnies. If there was ever an occasion to break out your chicest sunnies, it’s Fashion Week. It’s still bright and sunny in New York in September, so these Celine sunglasses will protect our eyes and look stylish at the same time.
8. When we’re covering Fashion Week, we have one of our editors use her DSLR to snap photos for the blog, and the others take photos on their iPhones to publish right away on social media. The cute case was designed by our photographer friend Gray Malin.
9. Business cards. Fashion Week is as much about networking as it is about the runway shows themselves. Our business cards are square, so we keep them in a cute Clare V. Coin Pouch instead of a traditional card case. (Click here for our Smart Girl’s Guide to Networking.)
11. Jouer Cosmetics Moisturizing Lip Enhancer. This lip balm is an all around favorite with your LC.com editors. It’s super nourishing and gives your lips a subtle sheen.
12. Ban.do Back Me Up Mobile Charger. This one is a real lifesaver. We’re on our phones all day during Fashion Week, and don’t always have access to an outlet.
13. LC Lauren Conrad Flip-Flops. Those chic pumps you see everyone wearing in photos from Fashion Week? Those are strictly curb-to-cab shoes. It’s essential to have a more comfortable pair to wear in between shows.
Shop This Story…
What’s in your purse right now?
Share your own essentials in the comments.
XO Team LC