It’s that time of year again ladies! This year marks our Fourth Annual LaurenConrad.com DIY Halloween Costume Contest and I couldn’t be more excited. Each year my team and I receive so many creative costume submissions and I expect this year will be the best yet! Let’s recap on last year’s costumes…
Our 2014 contest winners handcrafted a variety of festive ensembles, from a cute and colorful unicorn to a life-size paper doll, and an adorable imitation of big bird. The submissions were on point! Seeing all of your amazing ideas always gets me in the spirit to put together my own costume. It’s going to be tough to top last year’s mermaid costume so I should really start brainstorming ideas now…
Each Friday we’ll be sharing one of your DIY costume ideas in our Chic of the Week posts. Since it’s still a little bit early in the month to start creating costumes, it’s perfectly fine for you to show us what you created last year too. Keep scrolling to find out how to enter…
Here’s how to enter:
1. First, you must be signed up for our newsletter. It’s easy and takes one minute to join. Click here to sign up!
2. Send ONE email to [email protected] with the following:
- In the body of the email, include a list of numbered, step-by-step written instructions (these instructions must match the photos you’ve submitted)
- Attach 4-12 clear photos to correspond with each step. (Note: JPEGs are preferred; photos must be plain and graphic-free; white background is best) Your images must match up with the written instructions. Click here for an example.
- The email subject should be: COSTUME CONTEST- [Name of Costume] by [Your First Name]
- At the end of the email please include your full name, email address, and your Instagram handle.
3. You must be the person in the photos doing the tutorial.
4. We will only accept one entry per person. Buddy costumes and entries are welcome.
5. You will be judged on originality, technical skill (keep it simple!), and how easy your instructions are to follow.
We will begin looking at entries as early as this week and will continue until Thursday, October 29th at midnight PST. It’s time to get crafty!
Will you be submitting a costume?
Let me know in the comments. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!