Last week, I shared the new 2015 version of my 7 Days to Skinny Jeans diet and exercise plan. Since it’s officially been seven days, I thought I’d check in and see how many of you stuck with it. If it was easier than you thought it would be, try sticking to the plan for another week. Can you go 14 or even 21 days before having a cheat day? (You can do it!) Here are some motivational tips…
- Try a new workout that you’ve never tried before. You’ll be exercising new muscle groups that your go-to fitness routine might not access.
- Use this simple trick for getting yourself to drink more water. I swear by it!
- Boost your metabolism by cooking with these 5 spices. They’ll add flavor and help keep the pounds off at the same time.
- Try swearing off refined sugar completely. Once you’re in the swing of things, the occasional square of dark chocolate or other little treat is fine. But when you’re making a major lifestyle change, I find it’s best to be strict with yourself at the beginning.
- If you’re stuck at a desk most of the day, check out my tips for staying fit at work.
- If you’re dining out and have to deviate from the exact meal plan, just make sure that your plate is correctly portioned according to this rule of thumb.
- Reward yourself. You’ve already made it this far! Celebrate your commitment to your health with a massage, manicure, or new workout clothes. For every week you stay on track, you deserve a pat on the back.
In the spirit of sticking with it, I also wanted to provide you with a blank copy of my calendar. That way you can continue with the plan, but tweak it slightly. If you’re looking for a little more variety in your diet for instance, I encourage you to fill in the blanks with other healthy meal and snack alternatives, in addition to the ones I suggested last week.
How is it going so far? Do you have any new meal suggestions?
I can’t wait to hear all your feedback!
P.S. Don’t forget to Instagram a photo of yourself in your skinny jeans with the hashtag #LC7daystoskinnyjeans. We might even feature you right here on the site!