Every January we like to come up with a few resolutions to help us start the year off on the right foot. This year, our New Year’s resolutions include ridding our cabinets of as many harmful chemicals and harsh cleaning products as possible. We always prefer safe and natural ingredients when it comes to cleaning, the food we buy, and even our makeup bags, so it just made sense to make it an official 2015 resolution!
Since we have some new and expecting mamas on Team LC, using non-toxic products is especially important to us. Our editor Ilana discovered The Honest Company when she was looking for natural baby products (hello, cutest diapers ever), but was pleased to find that they have tons of cleaning, bath, and lifestyle products too for all of you non-mamas out there. And now we’re all hooked… The best part is that they work just as well (if not better!) as any conventional products we’ve tried.
Our bathroom, laundry, and kitchen cabinets are chock full of Honest products these days. But for those of you who haven’t discovered The Honest Company yet, we thought we’d share a few of our favorite products for mamas and everyone else too!
- Diapers. Not only are The Honest Company diapers eco-friendly, but they come in the cutest prints ever… win, win! It’s actually kind of funny how exciting it can be to pick out new prints each month.
- Wipes. You can rest assured that your baby’s delicate skin is only coming into contact with the gentlest botanical ingredients. Beauty Tip: Keep a travel pack of wipes in your own bag for removing makeup when you’re on the go.
- Face + Body Lotion. We love this lotion because it’s gentle enough to use for baby but it’s a great product for anyone. It’s made with organic olive, shea, jojoba, and safflower oils to hydrate your skin.
- Organic Healing Balm. This is another product that pulls double duty for babies and adults alike. It’s made for little bottoms, but is also our secret cure for dry winter skin.
- Hand Sanitizer. We like to do everything in our power to fight off cold and flu bugs, but other harsh alcohol-based hand sanitizers aren’t a good mix for sensitive skin. This gentle sanitizer comes in a little spray bottle so you can keep one in the car, one in your purse, and one in the diaper bag.
Whether you’re a mama, a mama-to-be, or just prefer to use natural products, it’s nice to have peace of mind knowing that everything Honest makes is free from scary chemicals.
All of our mama friends subscribe to The Honest Company’s monthly Diapers & Wipes Bundle. (Adorable and eco-friendly diapers delivered to your door? Yes, please!) But if you don’t have little ones, you can also subscribe to the Essentials (cleaning and bath) and Health & Wellness (vitamins) bundles, which saves you time and money versus buying individual products.
And if you just want to give a few of their products a try first, The Honest Company is doing something pretty neat right now… you can try a discovery kit of trial size products for free! Click here to check it out.
And now for a giveaway…
Three lucky LC.com readers will win an Essentials bundle from The Honest Company. In your bundle, you can choose to include items like bubble bath, face + body lotion, lavender hand soap, healing balm, surface cleaner, dryer cloths, and more.
UPDATE: We have our winners! Congrats to caitlinhengesbach, Kierstenfriend, and Mrsmvance! We will contact you on Instagram to claim your prize.
Here’s how to enter:
- Click on over to The Honest Company’s website and choose which product you want to try the most.
- Leave a comment below letting us know which product from Honest you’re the most excited about. Make sure to leave your Instagram or Twitter handle with your comment so we can contact you if you win.
- We’ll pick three winners at random and announce them on the site on Wednesday, January 21st, so make sure to check back!
Which Honest Company product are you most excited to try?
XO Team LC
This post is proudly sponsored by…
Photos: Stephanie Todaro Photography