I recently tried eggnog for the first time a few weeks ago, and although I had never been a fan of creamy cocktails before, I loved how the festive, sweet flavor felt like a decadent dessert. Since we’re now in the swing of the holidays, I set out to perfect my very own eggnog recipe, and I wanted to add my own little twist to the traditional mixture. So, I figured what better flavor goes with eggnog than a hint of Thin Mint cookie?
If you love the classic Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies and the traditional flavor of eggnog, then this holiday sip is for you. It’s easy to make and lends itself to some fun decorating ideas. I adorned each glass with sprinkles and placed mini packages on top of paper straws. Let’s just say that your guests will be just as excited to see these cocktails come to life as they will be to taste them.
Without further ado, here’s how to make this festive holiday treat…
Thin Mint Holiday Eggnog Recipe
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup white creme de cacao
- ¼ cup creme de menthe liqueur (green)
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- ground nutmeg, for sprinkling
- green food coloring, for added color if desired
- red sprinkles
- honey or maple syrup
- Place bourbon, creme de cacao, cream, crème de menthe and sugar into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until frosty.
- Chill cocktail glasses in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Pour honey or maple syrup into a small bowl, then dip rim of each glass into bowl to coat.
- Pour sprinkles into bowl and dip honey or syrup-coated glass into sprinkles. Twist glass around a few times to ensure rim is fully coated.
- Strain cocktail mixture into glasses, sprinkle surface of each with ground nutmeg and enjoy!
Serves about 3
I think this cocktail tastes best after dinner, as an “appetizer” to dessert. And the more festive you and your guests are feeling, the stronger you can spike your ‘nog!
What’s your favorite festive sip of the holiday season?
Leave your two cents in the comments below.