This story is from beauty expert and blogger Maritza Buelvas! Today Maritza is sharing a gorgeous holiday hair tutorial perfect for your upcoming New Year’s Eve festivities. Enjoy!
Hello Lauren Conrad readers! It’s Maritza Buelvas, the hair and beauty expert behind Beauty For Bloggers. Today I’ll be showing you how easy it is to create Brigitte Bardot-inspired hair for New Year’s Eve. Because who doesn’t want to rock that iconic 60’s hairstyle? This quick and easy tutorial will ensure long lasting volume and flirty curls.
Here’s how to recreate it…
Brigitte Bardot-Inspired Holiday Hair Tutorial
1. Start by curling small sections of hair all around your head. The key is to curl each section in a backwards motion, using a medium sized curling iron. Use a clamped curling iron to thoroughly curl all of your ends.
2. Once you’ve finished curling your whole head, brush out your curls with a soft boar bristle brush to create bouncy waves and add body. This crucial step will create fluffy, soft curls reminiscent of Brigitte Bardot.
3. Next, create a half-up/half-down ponytail by securing the sides of your hair and some of your crown together with an elastic band. Tease at the base of your ponytail (both underneath and on the top) to create lift and volume. (If you want, you can tie a ribbon around the elastic band for a retro vibe and festive feel!)
4. Secure volume and height by strategically placing hidden pins vertically throughout your ponytail to ensure your hair doesn’t fall flat.
5. With the pointy end of your teasing comb create further volume by lifting at the root of your pony and setting your look with volume holding hairspray.
And there you have it! Who knew Brigitte Bardot holiday hair could be this easy…
What’s your go-to hair and makeup look for the holiday season?
Let us know how you plan on wearing your hair this weekend and if you’ll give this style a whirl!
Create This Look…