When it came time to write this post announcing my Third Annual DIY Halloween Costume Contest, I took a minute to think how much fun we have here on LaurenConrad.com. I absolutely love this community and I feel so lucky to be holding this contest for the third year in a row! And I think it goes without saying that your submissions get better and better each year.
Last year, our contest winners created beautiful handmade costumes, including an ethereal angel, an adorable owl, a retro Pan Am flight attendant, and a seriously spooky sugar skull. Each year, you all set the bar so high with your submissions and I know this year will be no different. I can’t wait to see what you create! So let’s get right to it…
Does your DIY costume idea have what it takes to be featured on LaurenConrad.com? If so, submit your DIY costume tutorial for a chance to be featured on the site!
Throughout the month of October, my team and I will be selecting our favorite step-by-step handmade Halloween costume tutorials to feature in our weekly Chic of the Week posts.
Here’s how to enter:
1. First, you must be signed up for our newsletter. It’s easy and takes one minute to join. Click here to sign up!
2. Send ONE email to [email protected] with the following:
- In the body of the email, include a list of numbered, step-by-step written instructions (these instructions must match the photos you’ve submitted)
- Attach 4-12 clear photos to correspond with each step. (Note: JPEGs are preferred; photos must be plain and graphic-free; white background is best) Your images must match up with the written instructions. Click here for an example.
- The email subject should be: COSTUME CONTEST- [Name of Costume] by [Your First Name]
- At the end of the email please include your full name, email address, and your Instagram handle.
3. You must be the person in the photos doing the tutorial.
4. We will only accept one entry per person. Buddy costumes and entries are welcome.
5. You will be judged on originality, technical skill (keep it simple!), and how easy your instructions are to follow.
We will begin looking at entries as early as next Wednesday, October 8th, but the contest will continue until Wednesday, October 29th at midnight PST.
The winning tutorials will be posted throughout the month of October so be sure to keep an eye out… I cannot wait to see what you guys come up with!
Are you ready to get crafty? Ready…set…go!