Every year I absolutely love seeing all the costumes submitted for my annual DIY Halloween Costume Contest, and this year did not disappoint! While I’m always impressed by those costumes that come in throughout the month, I know that some ladies tend to wait ‘til the last minute to figure out their costume. LC.com is a no judgment zone—both procrastinators and planners are welcome around here. So, to help out my last minute ladies I thought up five easy-to-create costumes you can whip up in a pinch. Here they are…
Cher Horowitz from Clueless
Plan ahead? As if! This costume is totally easy to create in a hurry. Here’s what I’d suggest to get the look:
- Women’s Flared Stretch Soft Tartan Yellow Print Pleated Mini Dress Skater Skirt, $12.23
- ASOS Over the Knee Socks, $22.74
- J Crew Jackie Cardigan, $65
- MuchBuy Classic Old Vintage Brick Cell Phone, $49.50 (Amazon and eBay have a ton of authentic old school phones, or you could use this Retro iPhone case!)
- River Island Girls White Fur Backpack, $36
Sandy from Grease
Going as Sandy is pretty easy: just bust out your sexy black separates, hot roll your hair and walk around saying “Tell me about it, stud” all night. Here are some pieces to help you get the look:
- American Apparel Cotton Spandex Off Shoulder Top, $30
- ASOS Leather Look Leggings, $34.11
- Steve Madden Mayden Heels, $129.95
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Radiant Lipstick in Bright Orange Red, $35
- ASOS Gold Link Leather Waist Belt, $14.21
Wednesday Addams from The Addams Family
Wednesday Addams is a great costume because you can usually make it from items you have in your wardrobe. If you have light hair, consider a temporary spray to make it black—or pick up a long wig and braid it into Wednesday’s signature pigtail braids.
- Jerome Russell Temp’ry Natural Color Highlights Spray Black Highlights, $5.29
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Dress, $154
- JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Nocturne, $18
- Circus by Sam Edelman, $70
- Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick, $33
Alice in Wonderland
Fall down the rabbit hole with this classic, feminine costume. While there are plenty of store-bought options out there, I think it’s more fun to choose a flirty blue dress and frilly white apron of your own to get the look.
- Forever 21 Classic Bow Headband, $3.80
- Hue Flat Knit Knee Socks, $8.50
- ModCloth Convivial Pursuit Dress in Powder Blue, $90.99
- Saro Embroidery and Cluny White Cotton Apron, $28.49
- rsvp Spencer Mary Janes, $69
costume by: Studio DIY
Pineapples became trendy this year. Why not go as the most-instagrammed fruit with a simple yellow dress and DIY headpiece? All you need is green poster board, scissors and some glue!
- H&M Circle Dress, $49.95
Which of these costumes is most your style?