This story is from our friends at Tone It Up! We’ll be sharing Tone It Up’s best fitness and healthy living tips every month. In today’s post, Karena and Katrina will be showing you their three tips for perfecting your bikini body for this upcoming weekend…
Hey everyone, it’s Katrina and Karena here from Tone It Up! We all have days when we don’t want to put on that bikini. We look at it hanging there and think, “Just a few more days and I’ll feel better!” This can depend on a lot of things: sodium filled foods, traveling or that time of the month (okay, yeah, the main culprit). But bloating is just a part of being a woman and there are definitely a few tips to keep in mind that will help you look your absolute best come beach trips and poolside days.
Yesterday we shared one of our top midline toning secrets: Full body workouts like your new Crop Top Routine are one of the best things you can do to increase your metabolism and tone up all over. And, in addition to following these workouts, our little tricks below will give you that extra edge.
Focus on these tips for 1-3 days before you put on that bikini and you’ll be strutting down the beach with confidence. If you have a few more days beforehand, we recommend doing the 5 or 7 Day Slim Down. Here are a few tips and tricks to avoid bloating and rock that favorite outfit with confidence:
1. Avoid high sodium foods.
If you know you have a pool party or beach day coming up, ease up on conventional dressings and high sodium condiments like soy sauce and ketchup. Extra sodium can cause water retention that can make you look less lean. Even if it’s a healthy recipe, pay attention to sodium content and how much salt you’re adding to your salads and veggies. Don’t avoid it completely though—you need salt! Just be a little more aware.
Need a quick fix? Potassium rich foods help balance out sodium levels, helping you get back to normal if you’ve accidentally had a little too much salt. A banana or some coconut water is great fix.
2. Eat slowly and savor your meals!
If you usually have lunch on the go or in a hurry, think of summer as a time to linger and enjoy every bite. Eating too fast can cause bloating because you aren’t chewing your food well.
3. Eat anti-bloating foods. Ginger, peppermint, lemon and asparagus!
These foods have all been shown to help your body naturally get rid of bloat. If you’ve had a salty meal or just want a little extra help before you put on that bikini try these…
- Add a squeeze of lemon to your water all day long. This is actually super beneficial for many reasons. Beach Babes love keepin’ it zesty! This tip is part of our top Slim, Toned & Sexy Secrets. See them all here!
- Sip on peppermint tea the night before.
- Add a little spiciness to your homemade juice and throw a piece of ginger into the mix! It tastes great with veggie-based juices.
- If it’s grilling time, throw some asparagus on the BBQ. Asparagus has been shown to be a natural diuretic that will help you get rid of excess water weight, stat!
We hope this helps you feel ready to slip on your bikini this weekend!
Do you have any tips for getting bikini ready?
XO Team LC