William and I have been engaged for seven months now, and I’m in full wedding planning mode at this point. Music is very important to the two of us (William especially), so we’ve already started thinking about some of the songs that we’ll be playing at our upcoming nuptials. Along with our ceremony and first dance songs, we’re also working on creating a list of must-play songs for the reception. A good DJ or band can make all the difference between an epic wedding reception and an average one. You want songs that will get your guests on the dance floor and set a really fun, celebratory tone for the evening. Luckily, my bestie Jilly is an amazing DJ, so I asked for her input when I was putting this list together.
- Duke Dumont – “I Got U” (feat. Jax Jones)
- Gorgon City – “Here For You” (feat. Laura Welsh)
- Neon Trees – “Sleeping with a Friend” (ASTR Remix)
- Lorde – “Tennis Court” (Flume Remix)
- Tove Lo – “Habits”
- Parachute Youth – “Can’t Get Better Than This”
- Mikky Elko – “Kids” (Oliver Nelson Remix)
- Route 94 – “My Love” (feat. Jesse Glynne)
- Coldplay – “Midnight” (Giorgio Moroder Remix)
- Iggy Azalea – “Fancy” (feat. Charli XCX)
Do you have any must-play songs to get people dancing?
Share them in the comments.
P.S. Don’t forget to follow DJ Jilly Hendrix @JillyHendrix on Instagram!