This story is from our friends at Tone It Up! We’ll be sharing Tone It Up’s best fitness and healthy living tips in the beginning of every month. In today’s post, Karena and Katrina will be showing you their recommended fitness timeline that will help any bride-to-be (or bridesmaid) slim down before her big day…
Hi LC readers! It’s Karena and Katrina here, your personal trainers and nutritionists. A Wedding Series is something so many of you have you requested over the past few years, so today we’re sharing a wedding slim down timeline. Brides-to-be and bridesmaids can follow this health and nutrition plan starting three months before the big day to feel healthy and fit when it comes time to put on that dress. So take a peek below and get ready to be bridal babes together!
3 Months Before the Big Day
- Stick to your workouts! Set your alarm at least four times a week to get your morning workout in. Make sure to sweat and tone everyday.
- Aim for 200 miles of walking, jogging, running, stair mill, elliptical, cycling or swimming by your wedding day! That’s an average of 2.2 miles/day. If cycling, divide your miles by 3. (For example, if you’re cycling 12 miles, log 4 miles toward your 200-mile goal).
- Take five minutes every morning to journal and set your intentions for the day.
- Cut out all fake sugars! Say goodbye to chemicals that cause you to hold on to stubborn fat cells.
- Get clean and focus in on your nutrition. Carbs are vital! But, cut out processed carbs (crackers, chips, white breads, sugary cereals, white pasta and candy). Stick to sweet potato, quinoa, brown rice, whole-wheat wraps, oatmeal, and whole grain cereals.
- Keep it natural! Kick out diet soda, unnatural flavored waters, Splenda, boxed diet foods, sweetened yogurt and sugar-free coffee creamers. Sub in coconut water, kombucha and Sugar in the Raw.
- Plan ahead! With wedding planning, running errands and the stress that comes with organizing your big day, make sure you don’t forget to eat. Plan out your meals ahead of time.
2 Months Before the Big Day
- Fit in at least four workouts per week that are 30 minutes of cardio, plus four of our toning sessions found in our Wedding Series.
- Stay hydrated! With only 8 weeks to go, make sure you’re getting in half your body weight in ounces of water per day. (For example, 150 pounds = 75 ounces of water per day).
- Journal your nutrition. Jot it down in your iPhone note pad or in your calendar. Keep your diet fruity in the morning and green in the afternoon.
- Time for shots! Healthy ones, of course. Make a batch of fruit and veggie “shots” ahead of time to drink throughout the week. Recipes can be found in our Bridal Edition.
1 Month Before the Big Day
- Incorporate 3 cups of greens into your diet per day. This will help cleanse your body, and get your skin in tip-top condition.
- Treat your workouts like an appointment. You wouldn’t skip your cake tasting or dress fitting! Schedule your workouts in advance, commit to them and get it done.
- Between all of your to-dos, squeeze in smoothies or juices with spinach or kale. You can replace one meal and one or two snacks a day with a smooth or juice.
- Craving sweets at night? It’s teatime! Drink tea to help cleanse your body, curb cravings, and make sure you don’t give into that sweet treat. (Having that slice of your wedding cake will be so worth it!).
1 Week Before the Big Day
- Add lemon to your tea to burn extra fat.
- Sweat it out for an hour each day. Even if it’s a long walk!
- Keep all meals after 2 p.m. lean and green.
Now that you’ve read through our entire timeline, take a peek at the video below and incorporate this Bridal Babe Workout into your fitness routine…
What tips do you have for slimming down before your big day?
Brides and bridesmaids: Share your wisdom below!
XO Team LC
P.S. If you liked this post, be sure to check out last month’s Tone It Up guest blog on how to do the best workout for your abs.
Photos: Tone It Up