Easter is one of those holidays that goes hand-in-hand with endless amounts of sweets. Don’t get me wrong: Cadbury Eggs and marshmallow Peeps are great. But it’s also fun to whip up an original treat to celebrate spring in your own festive way. I recently got together with my editorial team to brainstorm Easter treat ideas. And, I must admit, what we came up with is just too cute to be true.
Today, my good friend (and fabulous baker) Lauren Lowstan will be showing us how to make Easter Egg Macaroon Nests. They’re pretty easy to whip up, and they will make a big splash at your Easter brunch this year…
Easter Egg Macaroon Nests
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 6 cups shredded coconut
- ¼ cup Nutella
- 45 mini chocolate Easter eggs
For the macaroons:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then, using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and salt.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until mixed thoroughly. Mix in coconut.
- Drop your batter onto a cookie sheet by tablespoons, using a scooper. Roll into balls, then make an indent with fingers to resemble a bird’s nest.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom and browned in spots on top.
- Once completely cooled, spoon a little Nutella into each “nest”. Top with 3 chocolate eggs.
Makes about 15 servings.
They’re almost too cute to eat…almost.
Will you give these Easter Egg Macaroon Nests a try?
P.S. Click here to shop for The Little Market apron Lauren is wearing above and click here for the apron I’m wearing. You can also shop for the rest of the necessities you will need for your macaroon nests below…
Shop This Story…