Hey LC.com readers!
It’s us again, Skinny-Fat Girl Diary! We are so excited about the Oscars, but even more anxious to see the red carpet. The best designers and stylists spend months planning what the nominees will wear, and we just can’t get enough. We always have an SFG viewing party to celebrate. It’s like our Super Bowl…without having to wait for the halftime show to be interested.
But with parties come snacks, and we struggle with finding healthy options that still taste like indulgences. So, when preparing food for our Oscar Party or any social gathering, we try to make dishes that have lots of flavor but with a lot less calories. One of our favorites is Skinny Spinach Tofu Dip. It’s packed with protein and doesn’t weigh you down after eating it.
Skinny Spinach Tofu Dip
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (we used Fage 0% fat)
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 packages of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 14-ounce package of soft tofu, drained (we used NaSoya Silken)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 cans of artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup feta cheese (we used Trader Joe’s Fat Free Feta)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chopped garlic, tofu, and artichokes in a food processor. If you don’t have one, you can chop by hand. Then place these ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, saving the spinach for last. Mix together until well blended and then place in an oven safe serving dish.
- Bake for about 25 -30 minutes and serve piping hot!
We also have lots of healthy dipping options: carrots, peppers, cucumbers, and whole grain pita bread, oh my!
Are you going to try this healthy treat?