When it’s chilly out, there’s nothing better than cozying up with a cup of hot cocoa (and a couple of pups by your side, of course). But this year, I decided to get creative with my hot cocoa and try a new recipe that is quickly becoming my favorite. This Mint White Hot Cocoa combines rich white chocolate with peppermint extract for a creamy yet refreshing sip. It’s easy to make, and tastes a million times better than hot cocoa from a mix. And if you are serving your hot cocoa to guests, the optional green food coloring is a fun and festive touch. Without further ado, here is how to make my Mint White Hot Cocoa…
Mint White Hot Cocoa
- 4 cups milk of your choice (I used almond milk)
- 8 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- a dash of green food coloring (optional)
- whipped cream
- mini marshmallows
- In a large pot, heat the milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until simmering.
- Stir in the white chocolate, and then remove from heat.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, and then whisk in the peppermint extract and food coloring.
- Top with whipped cream and mini marshmallows. Enjoy!
Do you have a favorite winter drink recipe of your own?
I hope you all give this hot cocoa recipe a try. I know you will love it!
P.S. If you’re looking for a delicious grown-up beverage to enjoy this season, try my Spiced & Spiked Cider.