It’s hard to believe that Christmas is less than a week away. As you know, I’ve been crafting and cooking and decorating all month long in preparation for the holiday. And today I wanted to share one more adorable and easy DIY décor idea…
I absolutely loved snow globes when I was a kid (who didn’t?). Recently I was excited to learn that you can make your very own snow globe using a Mason jar and a few other basic supplies. These glittery snow globes are the grown-up version of the keepsake I used to love so much when I was younger. And just like my Mason jar matches and DIY wine charms, they make a great gift for anyone on your list who appreciates handmade presents. If you’re hosting a holiday dinner this year, I also love the idea of setting a snow globe at each guest’s place setting. Check out my tips below for making your own Mason jar snow globe…
Here’s what you will need:
- Mason jar
- plastic animals or trees to go in your snow globe
- gold oil-based paint (optional)
- waterproof glue
- Using waterproof glue, glue your trees and animals to the inside of the Mason jar lid. Let dry completely. Note: If your animals are too small to be seen once the lid is screwed on, you may want to glue them on top of a small block first to give them some height. I also chose to paint my plastic animals gold first using oil-based paint.
- Fill your Mason jar with water, silver glitter, and a few drops of glycerin to make the glitter fall more slowly.
- Assemble your snow globe by placing the lid on the jar and then screwing the cap on.
- Turn your Mason jar over, shake, and enjoy!
I hope you all love this DIY as much as I did. As you can tell, I have a soft spot for gifts in a jar 🙂
Are you going to give this cute holiday DIY a try?
Happy crafting, everyone!