For the past two years, I’ve held my annual DIY Halloween Costume Contest here on LaurenConrad.com. Besides the fact that I think it is fun to see your DIY costumes come alive in photos, I love how much fun all of you have creating them and sharing them with me as well. This year, I am pleased to announce that (because of your positive feedback from last year) I will be holding my DIY costume contest again!
Last year, I featured some truly amazing creations, from a 50 Shades of Grey costume (so creative!), to a cute as can be Jack-in-the-Box costume, to a best friend submitted Thing 1 & Thing 2 costume. Since my fabulous members always set the bar high, I know that this year will be no exception. I can wait to be wowed by all of your amazing submissions!
Does your DIY costume idea have what it takes to be featured on LaurenConrad.com?
If so, submit your DIY costume tutorial for a chance to be featured on the site!
Throughout the month of October, my team and I will select three of the best step-by-step DIY Halloween costume tutorials to feature in my DIY Halloween Costume series.
Here’s how to enter:
1. You must be a registered LaurenConrad.com member. Click here to join now! (It’s easy and takes less than a minute.)
2. Send ONE email to [email protected] with the following:
- In the body of the email, include a list of numbered, step-by-step written instructions (these instructions must match the photos you’ve submitted)
- Attach 4-12 clear photos to correspond with each step. (Note: JPEGs are preferred; photos must be plain and graphic-free; white background is best) Your images must match up with the written instructions. Click here for an example.
- The email subject should be: COSTUME CONTEST- [Name of Costume] by [Your First Name]
- At the end of the email please include your full name, email address, and a link to your LaurenConrad.com profile page.
3. You must be the person in the photos doing the tutorial.
4. One entry per person. Buddy costumes and entries are welcome.
5. You will be judged on originality, technical skill (keep it simple!), and how easy your instructions are to follow.
All entries must be submitted on or before Friday, October 18th at midnight PST.
The winning tutorials will be posted throughout the month of October so be sure to keep an eye out… I cannot wait to see what you guys come up with!
Are you ready to get crafty? Ready…set…go!
Let me know if you’re going to enter in the comments below and good luck.