I couldn’t be more excited that October is finally here. It is one of my favorite months of the year because it finally begins to feel like fall and I always seem to get just as excited for Halloween as I did when I was a little kid. Just like every month, I know October is going to fly by in the blink of an eye. So, before it passes us by, give these 5 inspired October ideas a try. I guarantee they will make you feel like autumn is upon us…
1. Go on an apple picking date. Whether “date” means going with your bestie or your boyfriend, going apple picking is the perfect way to get outdoors this month. The best part? All the delicious apple recipes you can cook up afterward (like these Muffin Pan Mini Apple Pies from Knead to Cook).
2. Find the perfect pumpkin. And, go to the pumpkin patch to find it. It will make carving a jack-o-lantern that much more fun.
3. Make a trip to the costume store with friends and try on the craziest getups you can find. This adventure is sure to ensure a funny Instagram (or two) and a whole lot of laughter. And you will most likely walk out with your perfect costume as well.
4. Host a Hocus Pocus movie party with your girlfriends, complete with caramel corn, candied apples and witches brew. Bonus points if you play a scary practical joke on one of your friends!
5. Go on a haunted hayride. Haunted houses and hayrides have been getting scarier each year—they are a pretty fun adrenaline rush! If you like getting spooked, research a hayride or haunted house in your area and get ready to scream.
How are you getting in the Halloween spirit this month?
I highly encourage all of you to make a monthly bucket list too—it’s fun! Leave your lists below and I’ll be sure to take a peek.