There comes a time in every office when a major décor update is in store. Here at the LC.com headquarters, that time came for us this summer. Our jobs involve tasks that all fit under the umbrella of creativity—writing, blogging, designing, DIYing, you name it! So, we figured, we needed a creative and inspirational space in order to do this creative work. We scoured Pinterest and some of our favorite blogs for office décor ideas and we were pretty pleased with what we came up with. Today we are sharing a few of our personal photos depicting a recently renovated wall at the LC.com HQ.
Here’s how we added a gold polka dot wall to our LC.com offices (and a few tips so you can do it too!). Thanks to Oh Joy! for the inspo!
Here’s what you will need:
1. Roll out your contact paper and set your circle cutter to cut circles at a 10-inch diameter. Start cutting.
2. Once you have cut out your circles, take post-it notes or pieces of tape and mark where you want your circles to go. We spaced ours out pretty evenly, but you can make yours random or even create a pattern.
3. Then, peel the paper backing off your circles and stick them onto the wall where your post-its are. Don’t smooth them out until they are all in their place—you might want to make some last minute changes.
4. If you like they way your circles look, start smoothing them out.
5. And voila! You have a gold polka dotted wall. For our last step, we decided to hang bulletin boards up on our wall to pin ideas and inspirations for upcoming blog posts. To do this, hang a string across the wall with a level to make marks for where you want the boards to go.
6. Then just hang them up with a hammer and nail. Easy as that!
We hope you enjoyed having a personal tour of our LC.com offices. Look out for more décor changes to come. After all, a true work of art is never finished!
Have you recently revamped your decor?
If you have, take a photo of your décor updates and upload it to your LaurenConrad.com profile. Leave the link in the comments below and we might feature your photo in an upcoming Member Spotlight post!
XO Team LC