A delicious, hearty vegetarian chili made with quinoa, black beans, and all your favorite chili spices!
Cook Time: 75 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 5 1/2 cups black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and uncooked
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups hominy or sweet corn, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 avocado, sliced
1. Place all ingredients in a large pot.
2. Turn heat to medium/high and bring to a rolling boil.
3. Then, cover and let simmer on low for about an hour.
4. Serve with diced green onions and avocado.
Contributed by: Lee Hersh