Happy Friday, LC readers! I think we can all agree on one thing: Nothing beats the weekend. And today I have something to help make your weekend even better. Check out these five ideas to try on your days off, and let me know which ones you like best…
- Run errands in bold lipstick. Give your dry cleaning run a glamorous twist this weekend by swiping some bright pink or coral on your pout before heading out the door. Even if you’re keeping the rest of your look casual, a little bit of lipstick will make you look chic and sophisticated.
- Book a massage. Break into your piggy bank this weekend and give yourself that well-deserved spa day. If you’re like me, you’ve been putting it off long enough. You’ll come back from the weekend feeling refreshed and ready to conquer the week ahead.
- Walk 20,000 steps. If you’re desk-bound during the week, the weekend is a chance to put on your chicest sneakers and track your steps with an app like Moves, iTreadmill or JogAlot. See if you can hit the recommended 10,000 steps a day. If you have a cute pup to bring along, even better.
- Whip up a no-bake treat. When it’s hot out, the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven. So instead of baking cookies, try making a batch of my famous guilt-free cookie dough bites or healthy no-bake fudge this weekend. No baking required, and bonus: they’re a lot better for you, too.
- Make a blessing bag. There’s no reason to wait until the holiday season to do something good. Spend a couple hours this weekend gathering non-perishable snacks, toiletries, and other necessities, and dividing them into Ziploc baggies. Keep them in your car or in your purse to hand out to the homeless.
How will you spend your weekend?
If you have some inspired ideas of your own, share them in the comments.