With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to put together a list of 10 thoughtful ideas you can do for your Valentine this Thursday. Without further ado, here are some simple things you can do to sweeten the day for your Valentine…
1. Quickie breakfast in bed. Since Valentine’s Day falls in the middle of the week, I thought this 2-minute French Toast in a Mug recipe by Prudent Baby was genius. Mix it, zap it, and serve it up to your love before his feet hit the floor for the day. Who doesn’t love surprise breakfast in bed (especially on a weekday)?
2. Subscribe him to Mantry. We all know the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. If your guy is a foodie, this is a perfect last minute gift. Sign him up to receive 6 to 8 full-size premium food products from top artisan makers that will be delivered to him each month. Sweet!
3. Give him something sweet. When I saw the details on how to make these Conversation Heart Cookies on Kelsey’s Kitchen, I just knew I had to share them with you… While I do think conversation hearts are cute, let’s be honest—they don’t exactly taste that great. If these are too time consuming for you, give these Red Velvet Brownies, Surprise Heart-Inside Cupcakes, or Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes a try. They are all divine!
4. Make him a mix tape. Valentine’s Day isn’t about gifts and spending lots of money—it’s about showing the person you love and adore that they are special. When I saw these cassettes that are actually USB drives, I just couldn’t resist. Nostalgia gets me every time… For some musical inspiration, check out my Valentine’s Day Mix.
5. Send him a card. I am in love with this card. How cute is it? If your Valentine is far away, write them a love letter. It’s just so romantic…
6. Dinner for two. Surprise your Valentine with a seductively simple homemade dinner. Try this recipe for Pan-Seared Strip Streak with Red Wine Sauce and Pink Peppercorn Butter from Bon Appetit and pair it with a side of creamy mashed potatoes, wood-fired artichokes and your favorite red wine for an unforgettable meal. (If you want to make things really interesting, make it a no-utensils dinner. Without a doubt, it will be fun.)
7. Tell him he’s dynamite. I blogged about this craft last year, but I still think it’s a fun way to show your sweetheart you think the world of him. Click here for details on how to make this Valentine’s Day craft. (Or if you’re single, make this one for your girlfriends.)
8. Take him on an impromptu date. I love the idea of bundling up with my guy and heading out to watch the stars together. How often do you get to go stargazing? Or bring him to his favorite sports bar for a game night.
10. Do a movie night. When your guy gets home at the end of the day surprise him with a movie night complete with his favorite treats (like these S’mores Bars), popcorn, and of course, his favorite movies (like James Bond).
And there you have it. I hope you find this list of ideas helpful! Also, if you want to spend a little on your love, you can also check out my Valentine’s Day Gift Guide for Him, too.
Do you have any special ideas for Valentine’s Day? Share them below 🙂
P.S. If you haven’t seen Alex’s Suprise Inside Valentine’s Day Cupcakes, you must check them out!