Hello, everyone! It’s Ilana from Team LC. There’s a lot of talk of love during the first half of February, but that doesn’t mean the focus on the heart should fade away post-Valentine’s Day. Instead of talking dating or romance today though, I wanted to share one of my favorite heart-healthy recipes. I made a resolution to kick my processed sugar habit this year, so I’ve been on the constant hunt for alternative ways to satisfy my sweet tooth. From my delectable Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding to plain Greek yogurt drizzled with agave and cinnamon, I now have quite a few guilt-free treats in my repertoire. These Healthy No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites (adapted from a recipe by Averie Cooks) are one of my very favorites. Not only are these tasty little morsels free from dairy and processed sugar, but they’re also full of healthy whole grain oats to keep your ticker in tip-top shape. Here’s the recipe if you want to give it a try…
Healthy No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sweet cacoa nibs (you can sub dark chocolate chips if you’re not staying away from sugar like I am)
- Combine oats and cashews in a food processor and grind into a flour-like consistency.
- Add agave, maple syrup, and vanilla, and blend again until smooth.
- Transfer your dough into a mixing bowl and stir in cacao nibs by hand.
- Roll the dough into approximately 12 chocolate truffle-sized balls. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for later.
It was pretty hard to resist popping these into my mouth before I photographed them. Luckily, the process for making them only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Are you going to give this healthy recipe a try?