Hi everyone, it’s Ilana from Team LC! Today I’m excited to present the first of many crafts I’ll be sharing here on LaurenConrad.com. Valentine’s Day often gets a bad wrap for being a “Hallmark Holiday,” but all it takes to change that is a little DIY touch. So with February 14 right around the corner, I thought I’d show you a fun and festive way to add a little love to your space. This year, step away from the candy aisle and give this sweet and sparkly DIY a try. It’s really easy to make and it cost me a grand total of $12. Check out my how-to below…
Here’s what you will need:
- cardboard ‘X’ and ‘O’ (available at most craft stores)
- pink and gold acrylic paint
- pink satin ribbon
- hot glue gun
- Spread newspaper or kraft paper over your workspace before you begin.
- Paint your X gold and your O pink using 2-4 coats on each letter, allowing the paint to dry completely between each coat.
- Once your final coat of paint is dry, glue your X on top of the O using a hot glue gun.
- Flip your letters over and attach a piece of ribbon approximately 22 inches in length to the top of each side of the X using your hot glue.
- Hang on your front door like a wreath or on your bedroom doorknob like I did in the top picture.
Are you going to give my DIY a try?
For some more crafting inspiration, be sure to check out my DIY board on Pinterest.